Friday, November 20, 2009

This is my individual piece instead of the oil pastel project. I encorperated oil pastel by melting it with encaustic to form the neutral colors used in the piece. I also used found papers and included an image transfer. I really enjoyed this project and like the outcome of the product.

6 comments:

  1. when i first saw this encaustic i thought wow... i really like the fact that u decied to not use any vidrant colors that u stuck with the browns and blacks... it give it a real... city feel.. good work

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that this is one of your strongest pieces this semester. I really like the colors that give it sort of a "grungy" city feel. It also appears to have lots of layers, giving it a really cool effect. My favorite part of this is the silhouette of the row of men that is on the left side. Really, really cool. Nice job. (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like how you put all the pictures together and blended them with the wax! Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this piece. I agree with everybody else that sticking to the browns and black gives the piece the right mood. I like all of the layers this appears to have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This my favorite so far. The color scheme goes very well with the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely adore your talent, especially when I see this piece. It screams "AMAZINGLY AWESOME!!" to me. It also inspires me. I just love your use of space and color.

    ReplyDelete